|Excuse my dirty scale! lol I need to wipe it off.|
My daughter was in the hospital for a few days last month and she has been having other issues on and off since then. With her recently being diagnosed with Epilepsy and my son having Autism, it's very tiring. I feel like my life consists of doctors appointments and hospital visits. I'm frustrated because I don't feel like I'm getting the answers I need about my daughter so I will have to go to another Children's Hospital about an hour away.
So, there it is. That's what drove me to my weight gain. That's life though, that's the hand I was dealt and I handled it poorly. I need to get a grip and figure out a better outlet other than just food because eating like a pig only makes me feel worse. I'm really ashamed at how much I was eating, like it was my last meal every time. Completely disgusting.
As for exercise, I have recently begun walking with my children. Nothing major, to and from grandma's, from school, etc. I have also started riding my old school stationary bike again. Hey, she's old, but she gets the job done!
Here's a couple of updated pictures when I attended a birthday party this past weekend:
- Drink (mostly) water. Occasional Crystal Light or Diet Dr. Pepper (weakness)
- Cardio at least 3x a week for 30 minutes each time
- I'd like to begin incorporating more strength. At least twice a week for 30 minutes each time. Any recommendations?
- Get out of the 220's once and for all! *I'm giving myself until May 12th to reach this goal. If I accomplish this, I will do something nice for myself. I'm thinking a pedi.
- Begin looking into a couch to 5k program
Simple goals, right?
If you have been following me on Facebook then you know I have plans to start a weight loss challenge soon. Make sure you stop by and "like" Nik Gets Fit on Facebook for more details! https://www.facebook.com/nikgetsfit
Thank you for following my journey, it means more than you realize! :-)
|Just a bonus pic!|