Thursday, May 10, 2012

Introducing Guest Poster KQ Smith!


Hey Ya’ll I am so happy to be joining you on your journey with NikGetsFit. But before we jump into anything I just want to give a heartfelt THANK YOU to Nikki for giving me this opportunity to be here and share with you all!! She’ll never know how much this means to me.

Soooooooo I guess I should just jump right on in and tell ya about myself and why I’m joining ya’ll. . .For starters my real name is Kenisha, although somehow I gained a nickname a few years ago and since then everyone’s been calling me KQ, but no worries I’ll happily answer to both. I am a 35yr old mother of 1 (hopefully a 2nd one sometime in the near future), I’m a techie, a lover of food who enjoys finding ways to make things healthy, I’ve been a collegiate/post-collegiate track athlete, I love fitness and I too have been through a MAJOR weight loss journey. How much weight did I lose on my journey you ask. . .well truthfully the journey is never ending but all in all I’ve lost 100+lbs.

Now the next question is how did I do it but before I answer that I need to give a quick insight on how I got there in the first place. Prior to having my daughter I was a collegiate/post collegiate track athlete and for the most part I was in shape back then. After college I began enjoying life a bit too much and when it was all said and done I found out I was 195lbs on my 1st prenatal appointment. Now as most of you know there’s nowhere that can go but up and UP it went!! Once I had Kyndal Zoe I weighed in at 245lbs . After sitting with the majority of that weight on me for 6months I finally decided that ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH and the party started there! It was February 2005 when I began and because I was too embarrassed to let anyone see me I trained in my house for the first few months. Then ventured out to the gym once I thought I could deal with others seeing me in this depressing state, but I’d only go at night. During this time I flooded myself with information I’d had from the past when I was running, I read everything I could then I finally decided to get my Personal Training Certification. I also joined a GREAT group of ladies known as Buffmothers and received a lot of support, motivation, inspiration, and anything else you could think of from them. Within 18-20months I’d lost 70-80lbs and was feeling & looking fabulous. Now I’m gonna be honest here and tell you that those were NOT easy months as I was going through a tough divorce, financial issues and just over all STRESS but I used my desire to get the Real Kenisha back as a motivation to keep pushing.


 After that loosing that initial 70-80lbs I was pretty satisfied but I’d always had a dream of being a Figure competitor so I began working towards that and man oh man was that a journey. My 1st year I competed in Fitness Modeling @ 150-155lbs so at that point I was down 95lbs since Day 1. I didn’t win or place in the top 10 but having come from where I began at 245lbs walking out on that stage and looking like I belonged was winning enough. But the competition journey didn’t end there. Last year I decided I had more work to do and Figure was calling me so I prepped looooong and hard and I crossed the stage and an unimaginable 140lbs at my 1st show then 2wks later I did it again but this time @135lbs. So now we’re talking about 110lbs weight loss. Needless to say I KILLED those shows and represented for the momma’s out there and placed 5th & 3rd all while my #1 fan, Kyndal Zoe was watching from the front row. During my 2 competition seasons I relocated to Connecticut to live with my FiancĂ© (wedding in August ya’ll . . .YEAHHHH) and finally decided to stop sitting on my certifications and start training. WOW when that happened I knew I was finally home. Now I had trained others before I moved but it was mostly all athletes like me and lemmi tell ya it’s a different vibe training an athlete and the everyday man or woman. I enjoy both but something about training the client I like to call “Mrs. Jones” and seeing her reach goals and benchmarks she never thought she’d reach is so rewarding. Then I began sharing my journey with others and I knew that I was finally doing what God had called me to do.

 So that’s where I find myself today. . .training, motivating, sharing my journey & my truths (ups, downs, and everything in between) with any and everyone because I want us all to find their Healthy Happy selves and I know that by joining ya’ll we will all be richly rewarded both in Faith, Fitness & Friendship I look forward to connecting with you all as when forge our way though our journey’s on NikGetsFit!

So until next week, when I start bringing ya’ll workout, nutrition & motivation tips, you can find me at the links I will include below. And in closing I wish you a Happy, Healthy Blessed remainder of you week!! BTW if you didn’t notice from my kuntry typing, I’m from #DownSouth, so you may hafta bear with some of my sayings LOLOL ;)

You can find Kenisha (KQ) Smith here-
Facebook: www.facebook.com/kqfitness  ("like" her page and tell her Nik sent you!)
Blog: www.kqfitness.blogspot.com

More pics of KQ Smith:




Big thanks to KQ Smith! Looking forward to more posts! :-)


4 comments:

  1. Amazing journey so far. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats.......motivation at its best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So fabulous mama! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete